Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Chapter of my life in Oregon

Hello loyal readers!

I will later put some pictures on here, and you will all be jealous. It snowed last night and it is pretty cold and rainy. I haven't seen the sun yet. They tell me it comes out every now and then =). It's been great here and overwhelming. I arrived in the afternoon on the 5th of Jan and I had two days to learn how the campus operates and who the students were. So far so good. I have met with two girls who I am going to be mentoring over these six months and they are both wonderful and so eager to learn. I am meeting another girl tomorrow and I trust it will go just as well. We also had our Tasty Tuesdays today. It is where we serve lunch on campus for free. It has been crucial to developing relationships on campus. It is quite literaly how we won trust. I will be writing more soon and hopefully will have more pitures to show, but the rain is preventing me right now from getting some nice outside shots. Please continue to keep me and the campus in your prayers. God Bless!!!!!

No comments: