Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Finally!

"My believing in the uniqueness of faith in Jesus Christ doesn't make me right, but it sure makes me an evangelist." - Robert G. Tuttle, Jr. Can we talk? Sharing your faith in a Pre-Christian world.

I am currently having to read this small book before tomorrow morning before I give it to the student I am mentoring in the morning. I just had to stop and right about this because this one sentence really this whole start of the book has gotten me so excited about evangelism. Finally, someone is writing about evangelism as a process. Finally someone is not offering a track or ten points. Finally an author keeps putting the disclaimer that his councel is only the FIRST STEP. I've only read 19 pages so I am hoping that the rest of the book does not dissappoint me. But I had to put down this quote because I feel like the mentality we have going into sharing our faith is as this author puts it "I'm right and the rest of the world is wrong." I am not implying that everything is relative or that there is no right or wrong. But instead of sharing my faith to make sure everyone believes the right thing, why not share out of the joy of knowing Christ...Desire instead for people to know this wonderful Savior Jesus. Finally!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that quote! Love you!
Mom